Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals

What is a blog? A place to share with others.

I have always wanted to share notes from my Bible journal I have kept though the years. Some of the notes are long, some are short. Basically, it is how the Lord has spoken to me.

This is the beginning of 2010 - a great time to set new goals for the year. Here are some ideas to help you along.

Pray everyday
1 Thes. 5:17
Pray without ceasing.

Read Bible daily
Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Do daily devotions
Psalm 119:103
How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Read books that will help your spiritual growth
Philip. 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Encourage others – write notes weekly, monthly
Romans 12:10
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Ephes. 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Memorize Scripture
Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Be Content
Philip. 4:11
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Be Thankful
Col. 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Psalm 118:29
O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

1 Thes. 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

No comments:

Post a Comment