Thursday, June 3, 2010

Foundation Building

If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? Psalm 11:3


I have been thinking about this verse for a few days. While getting ready for work, I gathered my notebooks to take with me. At lunch time I put some thoughts together concerning this verse. We are studying Psalms on Wednesday night. Guess what Psalm we studied this week? Psalm 11, I love how the Lord is always teaching me. I need to open my heart and be willing to learn and apply.

We as Christians need to strengthen the foundations. Teach your children the Word of God. Live the word of God daily, not just on Sunday. Know what you believe and why, pass it on to your children.

Do not let Satan destroy the foundation. Keep in God’s Word and keep your foundation strong. Jesus is our foundation. Stay close to him. The world is doing everything it can to break down the foundations.

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. Psalm 10:4

We all make mistakes. We all fall, there is no problem with falling as long as we get up and brush off the dirt and keep going.

For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
Proverbs 24:16

What is your foundation? Is it built on the solid rock of Jesus? Is it built on something that you cannot tell if it is Christian or worldly? Is it built on a book about the Bible? Is it built upon what others say about the Bible? Be careful what you build on, we need to build on the testimony of Jesus.

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
I Corinthians 3:10

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment