Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One of those days

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Yesterday was just one of “those days”, you know the type I mean. Everything is planned and nothing goes smoothly.

My granddaughter started her sailing classes yesterday and I was going to be there early to watch her. I got up, did my morning walk, ate breakfast, showered, you get the picture. I was already to leave at 7:15 am the class started at 7:45. I went out to the car and the key would not go into the ignition. I tried a number of times, finally I took the key out, thinking maybe I was trying the wrong key. The key was bent.

Looking around, unsuccessfully for another key, I called my husband and told him my dilemma. He said he would come home and bring his key. He works about 40 minutes away. I went back into the house, put on a load of laundry and did some other work while I waited.

He arrived and straightened the key. The whole job took about 5 minutes. Finally, I was on my way. I arrived at the sailing lessons, which also happens to be where I work, at 8:45 am. I dropped my bag off in the office and proceeded to the sailing class. She noticed me right away, waving to beat the band and proudly telling the instructor, “There’s Mimi.”

The instructor who is a sweet college girl replied, “Mimi and I are BFF*.” My granddaughter thought that was “pretty cool.”

I started to think about friends and friendship. Looking through my notebooks I found a few things I jotted down years ago.

The North American Indians did not have an alphabet before they met the white man. Their words for friend were, “one-who-carries-my-sorrows-on-his-back.” Proverbs 17:17 says, A friend loveth at all times.. This means in good times and bad times, whenever you need them. A true friend will be there no matter what.

The more I thought of friends, the more I thought of Jesus. He is the best friend we can ever have. He is there through thick and thin. While I was walking in the morning, He was there. When I could not get the crooked key in the ignition, He was there. As I was driving to work, He was with me.

He is my best friend. Is He yours? Ask Him today.

A -ADMIT that YOU are a sinner. Romans 3:23 says All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. God tells us that no sin can enter heaven. Something must be done to get rid of your sin.

B -BELIEVE that Jesus died on the cross for YOU. Jesus shed his blood to save YOU from your sins. He took YOUR place on the cross and suffered punishment for YOUR sin.
I Peter 2:24 -- Who His own self (Jesus) bore our sins in His own body on the tree (cross) that we, being dead with sins, should live unto righteousness.
Colossians 1:14 -- In Whom we have redemption (salvation) through His (Jesus') blood, even the forgiveness of sins.
Acts 16:31 -- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.


C -CONFESS your sinfulness to God, turn from your sins, believe in Jesus and accept Him as your Savior from sin. This may be a simple but sincere cry from your heart, or it may be expressed out loud.
Luke 18:13 -- God be merciful to me a sinner.
Romans 10:13 -- Whosoever shall call upon the ,name of the Lord shall be saved.
When you do this (and mean it) you are "saved". You, along with all the others who believe in Jesus, will spend eternity in heaven with Him.

If you prayed that prayer, share it with me! I would love to pray for you, too!

Have a blessed day,
Donna

* texting code for best friends forever

No comments:

Post a Comment