Saturday, July 31, 2010

Built for a purpose

In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. Ephesians 2:22

I have read the book of Ephesians many times. Recently I completed an online Bible study with Wendy Blight. Each week I read and studied a chapter. Every day as I drove to work I would listen, on CD, to the chapter of the week. What Christ did for us is the message of chapter two.

A Basic outline of Ephesians 2:

We were dead – He made us alive
We followed the prince of the air
God is rich in mercy
God loves us
We are saved by grace, not works
We are His workmanship
He is our peace
He broke down the wall between us and God
We have access to the Father, because of Christ
We are part of the household of God
The household built on the teachings of the apostles and prophets
The main corner stone is the Lord Jesus
The whole building fits together perfectly
We are part of this building a dwelling place for the Holy Spirit

Ephesians 2:22 “jumped out at me”. We are built for a purpose. The purpose is to be “an habitation” for the Holy Spirit. Habitation in this verse means “a dwelling place”. It made me shout, Thank you Lord.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment