Friday, August 13, 2010

Perfect heart

And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart. II Chronicles 25:2

Amaziah was king for twenty nine years. He did the right thing but not with a perfect (complete) heart. I was pricked in my heart when I read this. I do lots of “right” things but how is my heart. The Lord looks at the “heart”. He looks deep inside to see our motives. I’m sure He is pleased when we do the right thing, but that is not the most important thing to God.

Sometimes we do the right things out of habit. We are so busy doing what we do that we just do things haphazardly without giving God a second thought. We need to make sure our heart is perfect before God.

Keep your heart in tune with God by confessing sin – all sin, praying daily, and reading your Bible. Check yourself and make sure you are not just doing these things mechanically, but with the perfect heart attitude. Be careful of your motives. Why are you doing the things you do?

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment