Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thanks be to God

And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Exodus 34:6

When I read this verse it jumped out at me. Look at the words, each one has a special meaning. God spoke these words to Moses when He gave Moses the tablets of stone the second time.

LORD - self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord.
The self existent One, God has always been there and always will. This is a hard concept for our feebly mind to comprehend. It is a wonderful and great truth. Where would you be if it was not for the Lord. I shudder to think of where I would be. Praise God for saving me. Thank you Lord for WHO you are.

Merciful - full of compassion, merciful.
God is full of compassion for you. Thank you Lord, for your mercy toward me.

Gracious – favorable, kind, friendly. The Lord is gracious to us. He is friendly, kind and loving. Thank you Lord, for being gracious to me.

Longsuffering - patient, slow [to anger].
God is longsuffering. He is very patient. He is slow to show His anger. There are many times I deserved punishment but he is a patient loving Father. I am so thankful for God’s longsuffering. If God was not longsuffering I would have been swatted like a fly a long time ago. I thank Him daily for being so longsuffering.

Abundant - abundant (in quantity, size, age, number, rank, quality): … plenteous,..
Now that is a word to be thankful for, abundant. God is abundant in everything. He gives and gives and gives more than we deserve. He is abundant in goodness (kindness) and truth (stability; figuratively certainty, truth, trustworthiness: …)

Today I’m thankful for a wonderful, abundant, gracious, merciful LONGSUFFERING God!!! Praise and thank Him for all He IS!

Have a thankful day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment