Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What about the 9?

And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, [16] And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. Luke 17:15-16

Sunday I taught about the 10 lepers. We had four visitors who had never been to church. As I told the story they watched and listened as I explained the disease of leprosy. I cut out a chain of ten paper people. As we counted the people I asked how many were healed. The children all yelled out “TEN”. I cut off one lone figure off the paper chain and explained that only one thanked Jesus. They were surprised that only one was thankful. The lepers were not “healed” of the common cold, but of a dreaded disease. A disease so bad they were not allowed to live with their families. A disease so horrible a nose or ear might fall off.

Nine men ran off and forgot to thank Jesus. Ninety percent of the people where unthankful. I do not want to be included in the majority but the minority. What about you? Do you want to be part of the ninety or ten? Look for something each and every day to be thankful for, be part of the ten percent.

Giving thanks,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment