Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Encouragement

Have pity upon me, have pity upon me, O ye my friends; for the hand of God hath touched me. Job 19:21

Job was crying out to his friends, have pity on me. He had been through more in one day than most endure in a lifetime. The way I read it he lost everything in a day, his livestock including sheep, camels, oxen and asses, the servants in charge of the livestock and all his children. Picture everything you own lost in one day. I cannot imagine the heartache, pure devastation, everything gone.

Job cried, “Have pity on me”. He was asking for compassion, caring, sympathy. How about us? When friends or family are going through hard times do you have pity on them? Do you try to comfort and encourage? Are you like Job’s friends who were more judgmental than compassionate?

We need to be careful. God is the ultimate judge. He will reward each one of us with His righteous judgment. Is someone you know hurting? Do something today to encourage, a kind word, a written note, a positive email or a cup of coffee. The gesture may be small or large but it will let them know you care.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment