Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful for:

My job, I am truly blessed to work where I work. I worked in health care and with the elderly for a number of years. Seven years ago when a new management company took over the facility I was working for, I realized my days were numbered. After actively looking for employment I sent a resume to my current employer, a yacht club.

What did I know about sailing and regattas? The answer was nothing but I did know about accounting and human resources which is the job I perform. It doesn’t matter if you do accounting in healthcare or in a recreational business, accounting is accounting. Sometimes systems are different and the way some people look at things may vary but reporting financial data is the same.

My husband had a lot of health issues this year and I needed to bring him to most of his appointments. My boss has been more than accommodating by allowing me to take off the needed time. When complications arose after his surgery and I needed more time he gave me time off without using vacation time and paid me as well. I am so thankful for an understanding boss whose motto is “family first”.

I said all that to say “thank you Lord for a good job”. No matter where you work or what job you perform be thankful for the opportunity to be employed. There are many many people who have lost jobs due to the recession. Be thankful if you have a job, I am!


The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one.
~ Oscar Wilde


Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ ;
Ephesians 5:20


Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment