Monday, January 23, 2012

Letters

[7] Moreover I said unto the king, If it please the king, let letters be given me to the governors beyond the river, that they may convey me over till I come into Judah; [8] And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me. [9] Then I came to the governors beyond the river, and gave them the king's letters. Now the king had sent captains of the army and horsemen with me. Nehemiah 2:7-9

Nehemiah is not done speaking to the king. He asks the king to write letters for him, so he could travel through the other countries without incidents.

He also asked for a letter to be sent to Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest so he could get lumber to make beams and gates for the palace and for the wall of the city. The king granted him everything he asked for – WHY? Nehemiah writes the “good hand of my God upon me”, God’s ultimate protection and provision. Here we see the wisdom of Nehemiah, when the king asked what he needed he wasn’t shy (remember he prayed to God and God gave him wisdom).

Nehemiah starts his travels with letters and an army that the king sent with him. Nehemiah was a trustworthy and loyal employee of the king. The king was sending protection, probably so his loyal employee would return unharmed.

What a testimony Nehemiah must have been to his employer. Remember Nehemiah was a Jew and the king was not, but the king respected Nehemiah and what he stood for.

Am I a testimony to my employer? Only I can answer, how about you?

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment