Friday, May 4, 2012

Final thoughts on Nehemiah


Nehemiah is one on my favorite Bible characters. Through the years I have learned much from this book.

When I read this as a new Christian what struck me the most was when Nehemiah was before the king. The king asked him what his request was, the next words are, “so I prayed to the God of heaven”. He stood there and prayed silently and immediately gave the king an answer. (Nehemiah 2:4-5). This taught me that I need to have a prayerful spirit. I need to keep the lines of communication open with my God. I can pray at any time in any place in any position. As I wrote the posts for the blog I jotted down some more thoughts.

Lessons learned from Nehemiah:
Pray
Don’t give up
Pray
Don’t listen to discouragement
Pray
Keep your eyes on the goal
Pray
Keep your eyes on God
Pray
Trust God
Pray
Obey God
Pray
Keep your word to God
Pray
Keep your word to others
Pray
Work together
Pray
Do the job God wants you to do
Pray

Words to describe Nehemiah:
Integrity
Honest
Hard working
Determined
Discerning
Humble
Prayer Warrior
Unmovable for God
Fortitude
Faith
Courageous
Obedient
Covenant Keeper
Perseverance

As I close this little series on the book of Nehemiah, I encourage you to open up the Word of God daily and discover the great treasures.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment