Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lessons from a trip - Architecture


I had a great week with my daughter and her family. My husband and I drove to AL. We had a good time and I really don’t mind driving if we have the time. Total driving time is twenty hours so we stop and stay overnight and then continue the trip.

One of my desires was to go and view “Fallingwater”, my husband made reservations for the first day of our travels. “Fallingwater” is a home designed by Architect Frank Lloyd Wright in the 1930’s. The home is built into the rocks and over a water fall. The views from the house are spectacular and the design of the home was ahead of its time. Each part of the house and grounds surrounding the house “fit” together. F.L. Wright designed the whole image. While drawing up the blue prints everything was considered, the size of the house, the parcel the house was built on, the furniture so the views would not be obstructed, even the corner windows were built in such a way that they opened to the outside without a barrier (metal bars) to give a clear view of the nature without.

As we walked through the property and listened to our guide, I was thinking of a Great Architect. The Architect that created you and me, this Architect did not have a blue print; He did not need a drawing. God formed a man out of the dust of the earth and then breathed into his nostrils. The very breath of God went into his being and made him alive.

I love to look at different technologies and buildings that man has made but only One actually created from nothing. F.L. Wright was a great architect and had many unique ideas and techniques. All his abilities came from God.

As you go about your daily routine, take a moment and look at your hands, feet, hair, skin and marvel at how you were created. Thank God for the precious life He has given you.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7 

The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. Job 33:4 

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psalm 139:14 

As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all. Ecclesiastes 11:5  

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment