Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful to Veterans


Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who have served in the military, past and present. I think of the brave men and women who left all to stand up for you and me.

I’m thankful for my father and father-in-law who enlisted without questioning during WWII. My father lied about his age to go and fight for his country. My father-in-law left a wife and two small children to defend our liberty.

I thank my friends and relatives who bravely went to Vietnam and returned to a country in turmoil. Some have not forgotten the reaction they received when they came home, others have used their lives to reach out and help distraught and betrayed veterans.

Thank you to my nephew who went to Operation Desert Storm in the early 90’s. My son served in Iraq and Kuwait and is still in the naval reserves ready to go when called. He has been overseas since being a reservist. We never know when he will be deployed. I am extremely thankful for his willingness to serve our country.

Veteran’s day is a day we set aside to honor the veterans of our country. Men and women unselfishly gave of themselves to serve the United States of America. People fought battles so you and I could have liberty. Some have not come back, some will never come back, and many bear the scars of war for the rest of their lives. These men and women deserve our utmost thanks.

Wherever you may be whatever you might be doing if you know a veteran take a minute to call, email, or text and let them know how much you appreciate the sacrifice they gave to serve your country.

Freedom is never free. ~ Author Unknown

In war, there are no unwounded soldiers ~ José Narosky

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both. ~ President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Military power wins battles, but spiritual power wins wars. ~ General George Marshall

There are some who've forgotten why we have a military. It's not to promote war, it's to be prepared for peace. ~ President Ronald Reagan

I am concerned for the security of our great nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within. ~ General Douglas MacArthur

It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. ~ President George Washington

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. ~ George S. Patton

Be thankful,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment