Friday, December 14, 2012

Idle talk


21 Also take no heed unto all words that are spoken; lest thou hear thy servant curse thee: 22 For oftentimes also thine own heart knoweth that thou thyself likewise hast cursed others. Ecclesiastes 7:21-22

People will talk. There is nothing we can do about what others say about us. Wisdom teaches us to watch our own tongues. I cannot stop what people say about me but I can stop what I say about others.

There are many verses to tell us to watch what we say. I have memorized many but need to confess sometimes I still have problems with my tongue.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14 

Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Psalm 34:13 

And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long. Psalm 35:28 

My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness. Psalm 119:172 

Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue. Psalm 120:2 

Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:2 

As you do your daily chores this week meditate on how the Lord wants you to use your tongue. Let’s use it for His Glory! 

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment