Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11 

Happy New Year to all, the year has flown by, I needed to remind myself that today is 2013. Can you believe it? What will this year hold? Only the Lord knows, but one thing is certain we must be “about the Master’s business”.

As each day goes by it is another day closer to eternity. What can I do differently this year from what I did in 2012? Each year I set goals for my life. I reviewed my goals yesterday and noticed I “fell short” of meeting some of them. Does that mean I set no goals in 2013? No, but it does mean I review and think about why I did not meet them? Was I too busy doing other things than things I should have been doing? Did I set the goals too high? Did circumstances change from the beginning to the end of the year?

There are a lot of variables when we set goals. We need to be realistic. I usually set a goal of 4-5 Christian (counseling, growth, biographies) books to read. I love to read so it is usually a realistic goal for me, if you are not a reader setting a goal of 1 or 2 Christian books a year might be just right. Knowing ourselves and our time constraints will help us to attain practical goals.

Here are some suggestions:
·        Prayer journal – record your prayers/answers
·        Be thankful – make a thankful journal and write something in it every day or once a week
·        Read the Bible daily
·        Attend a Bible study or pick up a Bible study to do individually (Kay Arthur, Elizabeth George, Beth Moore, etc.)
·        Acts of kindness – do something for someone every week or month – make a meal, call, send a card, babysit – it will be different for different people
·        Memorize verses to help your spiritual growth
·        Read non-fiction Christian books

The main goal during 2013 is to grow closer to the Lord.

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18  

As you set goals for 2013, do not look back on what you did not do, look forward to what you will do, with the Lord’s help.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

Have a wonderful day and a  Happy New Year.

Have a blessed day, 
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment