Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Unjustness


8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it. 9 All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt. 10  And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity. Ecclesiastes 8:8-10

At first look, one might say, the unjust get away with sin. In this life it may seem that way, people call good evil and evil good, but remember that is in this life. The Lord says:

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20 

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:14 

As Solomon said, someone did “hurt” to someone else but then it is forgotten once he is buried. It may be forgotten here on earth, but if the one who did the wrong did not ask forgiveness of God, it is not forgotten by God. When we do unjustness to others we are indirectly doing it to God.

In this world of” tick for tack” it is hard to turn the other cheek or walk away when someone is being unjust to us, but if you are a Christian, the Bible says this is exactly what we need to do.

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. 
1 Thessalonians 5:15 

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. Matthew 5:39 

The old hymn, "This World is not my Home” by Jim Reeves says,

This world is not my home I'm just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore
Oh Lord you know I have no friend like you
If heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore

When people are unjust, don’t let it get you down, but think about the justness and righteous of Jesus, Who will never let you down.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2 

Have a blessed day, 
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment