Thursday, March 14, 2013

Days of youth


9 Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment. 10 Therefore remove sorrow from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh: for childhood and youth are vanity. Ecclesiastes 11:9-10

Yesterday’s verses were about the aged and today’s are about the youth. Today we will learn what Solomon has to say about the youth.

He begins with telling the young people that it is wonderful to be young. I have to agree, but I wouldn’t want to go back there unless I could take with me what I have learned through the years.

A few years ago when I was in my forties, someone said to me wouldn’t you love to go back and be 16? Without hesitation I said absolutely not. A few other co workers with me at the time echoed my sentiments.

Basically, that is what Solomon is saying, enjoy your time when you are young but remember you are accountable for your actions. You will pay for your foolish actions when you are older. The motto should be “think before you act”.

I have a few quotes about youth enjoy a laugh or a sigh, depending on how young or old you may be.

Youth is the opportunity to do something and to become somebody. ~ T.T. Munger

The follies of youth become the vices of manhood and the disgrace of old age. ~ L.E. Landon

Reckless youth makes rueful age. ~ Thomas Moore

Good habits formed at youth make all the difference. ~ Aristotle

In youth we learn; in age we understand. ~ Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

The excesses of our youth are drafts upon our old age, payable with interest, about thirty years after date. ~ Caleb Colton

Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1Timothy 4:12  

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment