Friday, October 4, 2013

Lessons from Esther: Under the watchful eye

And Mordecai walked every day before the court of the women's house, to know how Esther did, and what should become of her. Esther 2:11

Esther is in the palace, waiting for her “turn” to be with the king. Mordecai was outside the court where the women were held.

He walked by every day to get a word about Esther. He loved her and adopted her as his own daughter. I’m sure he was very concerned about her whereabouts and what was happening to her. His care and love remind me of the love I feel for my children.

My children are all grown and on their own but I still want the best for them. I recently attended a seminar where Pastor Jim Cymbala was speaking. At the end of the session, he ask if “anyone had a child or grandchild” who had strayed from the Lord to stand. People all over the auditorium stood to pray for their children.

Just before he prayed, he said, “no one needs to remind you to pray for your wayward child”. He was so right. When we have a burden for someone we pray all the time. As I read this one verse about Mordecai, I thought of parents everywhere who worry and maybe even wonder where their wayward child is.

Do you have a burden for someone to get their life right before the Lord? Ask God to surround them with His love and to take care of them. The hard part is praying in His will not mine.

As you pray today for a loved one remember God knows. Trust Him with your burden.

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment