Thursday, November 7, 2013

To thank and praise

And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD, and to record, and to thank and praise the LORD God of Israel: I Chronicles 16:4

Every time I read this verse I smile. Imagine being appointed to a job where you thank and praise God. All day, every day thanking and praising God.

Well that is our job, how are you doing at it? I know I fail miserably but the God of many chances gently reminds me.

Each day is an opportunity to thank God. Thank Him for all He has done.

Here are just a few verses to get you started:

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Ephesians 5:20

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. II Corinthians 9:15

And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long. Psalm 35:28

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psalm 139:14

Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. Psalm 68:19

Get the point? Let’s praise and thank God.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment