Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tidbits from Psalm 119

Psalm 119 is the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are many nuggets of wisdom contained in its many verses, as always the key is to apply them to our life. Here are a few of my thoughts.

2  Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Keep God’s word and seek Him wholeheartly.

16  I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
The only way not to forget God’s word is by reading, meditating, and applying.

62  At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.
Wake up at night? Thank God for all He has done.

66  Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
Do you want good judgment and knowledge? Go to God.

89  LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
God’s word is God’s word, it is true, it is forever.

101  I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
I need to make a choice to refrain (H3607 to restrict by act (hold back or in)..) from doing wrong.

114  Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.
God is the best hiding place. I am completely protected. Hide in Him and His word.

126  It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.
This sounds like today, taking God and His word out of everything.

130  The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
Let the word of God enter your heart. He will give understanding.
Psalm 119 (KJV)


Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment