Monday, November 30, 2015

Be grateful

Here are more entries from my thankful/grateful journal. I love to read old journal entries and meditate on all the Lord has done. Please feel free to leave a comment of the things you are thankful for.

Friday, November 27, 2015
Our Anniversary 44 years
Rob’s birthday 36 years
Wow! Where did the time go?
              
               Today is Rob’s birthday. He has been though some hard personal times but has gotten through them. I am so proud of him. He spent many years in active duty in the Navy and continues to serve now in the reserves. He has been to the Middle East a number of times once with his reserve unit. He is a quiet man and a hard worker. He is finishing up his Master’s with only one more class to go after this semester.
               I am so proud of him and his accomplishments.

               Our anniversary is also today. Rob was born on our 8th anniversary. We have had ups and downs like most but praise to God we are still together. Most of the time I think we balance each other. I praise God for His faithfulness and provision.
               The most important thing is not to dwell on the bad or sad times but to learn from them. If I was to write a list I know the good times would far outweigh the bad times. It’s all a matter of perspective. I want to see the glass ½ full not ½ empty.

I praise God for:
  • 44 happy years together
  • 3 great children
  • 4 wonderful grandchildren
  • Always having enough food
  • Always having a warm house
  • A comfortable bed
  • Great extended family
  • Cars that get us there
  • Memories of grandparents, parents and other family members who have passed away
  • Living in a free country
  • Memories of our first years together – struggling to find 35 cents to buy a bottle of soda
  • Susan Parker sharing the gospel with me
  • My salvation
  • Answered prayer
  • More than enough
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8


Saturday, November 28, 2015
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6

“Prayer and supplication (request) with thanksgiving”, in this verse thanksgiving means gratitude; actually grateful language (to God, as an act of worship). Wow! When I thank God I am actually worshipping Him. I am showing gratitude for all He has done.

Today’s 5
  1. Coffee
  2. Quiet time with God
  3. Morning walk with Mark
  4. Beautiful sunrise
  5. Warm weather


Sunday, November 29, 2015
16  Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17  That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: Ephesians 1:16-17

Today’s 5
  1. Missionaries Larry, Kathy and Linda Carlisle to Uruguay at church today
  2. Missionaries willing to go to foreign lands to tell others about Jesus
  3. Paula doing better
  4. Mexican food
  5. Our church’s willingness to support missionaries


Monday, November 30, 2015

Today is the last day of November. In a few short weeks we will be celebrating the birth of our Savior and Lord. The week following  a new year will be upon us. Where does the time go? Even though November is ending our praise and thanks to God should never, ever end.

Each and every day we should look for opportunities to thank God. Can you breathe? Did you wake up this morning? Can you look out your window and see something? You get the picture. Thank God for all his wonderful blessings.

Dear Lord,
Help me each day to wake up thanking you. May my mind be focus on you daily. Let me meditate on your holy word and hid it in my heart that I might not sin against YOU. Let me daily remember the benefits that You provide. Thank you for all you have done above anything I could ask or think.
In Jesus precious name, Amen.

1  A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3  Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 4  Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; 5  Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalm 103:1-5

In everything give thanks, 
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment