Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Let's be thankful

I write in my prayer/praise/thankful journal a few times a week. During the month of November I am trying to write at least one  verse a day with my thankful entries.

I would love to encourage you to take a few minutes each day to write something that you are grateful/thankful for. It will give you a "boost" as you begin your daily routine.

Thursday, November 12, 2015
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I Thessalonians 5:18

I need to be thankful for everything, not just the things that make my life easy but the hard things too. Not just the “happy” times but the “sad” times as well.

As I was thinking of all the things I’m grateful for I made up this little quote: “Gratitude is the attitude that should rule my life”

Today’s 5:
1.      Paula coming to Bible study
2.      Laughter
3.      Mark
4.      Yarn
5.      More than enough

Joy dare- 3 gifts at noon
1.      Lunch
2.      Water – I have an abundance of clean water at my “fingertips”. No matter where I am I can get a clean glass of water.
3.      A walk – I walk after lunch most days


Friday, November 13, 2015
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Ephesians 5:20

Today’s 5
1.      Cass & Syd coming over yesterday – don’t see them as much – soo0 busy with different activities
2.      Family
3.      Samaritan’s purse and operation Christmas Child
4.      Bible
5.      Morning coffee

We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction – Harry A. Ironside

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. – Wm A. Ward


Saturday, November 14, 2015
Today’s 5:
1.      Went to see Harvey with Cass, Syd and Mark
2.      Kim’s family safe in France
3.      My mom still here 87 years old
4.      Books
5.      God’s love in the midst of sorrow

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1

Terrorist attack in France last night leaving many dead 129+

God is still in control.

People make wrong choices Genesis 6:5

Oh Lord use this tragedy to draw people to you. Help them to see your love. James 4:8


Sunday, November 15, 2015
Today’s 5:
1.      Children and grandchildren here for Mark’s early birthday
2.      Good church service
3.      Great turn out at Cedars 15 in attendance
4.      Beautiful day
5.      “Found” new breakfast place

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:17 KJV

And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father. Colossians 3:17 NLT.

Am I representing Christ in everything I do?


Monday, November 16, 2015
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. Hebrews 13:15

It was an old saying of the rabbis, “At a future time all sacrifices shall cease, but praises shall not cease.”

Today’s 5 – praising and thanking God:
1. Mobility
2. Sight
3. Hearing
4. Touch
5. Taste
I still have all my senses. Praise Jesus!


Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name. I Chronicles 29:13

God’s glorious name, there are so many names of God; names that show me His many attributes and His wonderful greatness. I looked in old journals and found a few:

Jehovah Jireh – the Lord will provide  Gen 22:14
Faithful God  Deut 7:9
Jehovah Shammah – The Lord is there  Eze 48:35
Bright and Morning Star  Rev 22:6
Jehovah Nissi – the Lord my banner  Ex 17:15
Alpha and Omega – first and last, the beginning and the end  Rev 1:8
El Shaddai - Lord God Almighty  Gen 17:1
El Elyon - The Most High God  Ps 57:2
Yahweh - Lord, Jehovah  Gen 2:4
Jehovah-Raah - The Lord My Shepherd  Ps 23
Jehovah Rapha - The Lord That Heals  Ex 15:26
Jehovah Tsidkenu - The Lord Our Righteousness  Jer 23:6
Jehovah Mekoddishkem - The Lord Who Sanctifies You  Lev 20:8
El Olam - The Everlasting God  Isa 26:4
Elohim – God  Gen 1:1
Jehovah Shalom - The Lord Is Peace  Judges 6:24

O Lord, help me to praise YOUR glorious name. Let me mediate day and night on the goodness of the Lord. Ps 107:8 

Have a thankful day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment