Saturday, February 13, 2010

Love God

Joshua 23:11
Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the LORD your God.

The last few devotions were about God’s love towards us, now let’s look at our love to God. People will often fail us, but God never fails us. He is with us in our darkest moments and brightest days.

God spoke to me years ago with this verse. At the time I had a number of “well meaning” people compare me to another person. A few times they would ask, “why aren’t you like so and so” or “why don’t you do this like them”. My answer at the time and still is, “because I’m not them.” God uses all of us in different ways. Praise Him that He didn’t make us all the same. What a boring world it would be.

During that time I read this verse. It seemed to jump out of the page at me. Take good heed .. unto yourselves, to love God. My responsibility was to love God. I couldn’t worry about what others thought I should be doing. I needed to be concerned about what God wanted me to do.

What I have learned from this verse:
* Keep my eyes on God
* Don’t worry about what others are doing
* Make sure my priorities are right

(something I still battle with)
* Love God – always – no matter what happens

We can learn a lot from verses, be open to God and His teaching as you read your Bible today. God speaks to each of us as individuals. You never know what is in store for you.

Have a great day.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment