Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Overcoming Christian part 2

Numbers 14:24 But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

I so want to be “an overcoming” Christian, don’t you? As I continue with the acrostic of Caleb's name we come to the letter A.


Attitude


Think of the attitudes in the story of the twelve spies. The spies had negative attitudes, while Caleb had a good attitude. Caleb had to overcome the bad attitude of others. The attitudes of others can affect us if we let it. The Bible tells us that Caleb had another spirit.

Caleb was not like the other spies. He kept his mind on God. John Gill says Caleb’s spirit was “ a spirit of faith, and of the fear of the Lord, of might and courage, of truth and faithfulness; believing in the promise of God”

We need to have “another spirit” like Caleb. Ephesians 5:18 says, “be filled with the Spirit.”

My attitude is not always what it should be. I need to let the Spirit take over and control my attitude, which will only happen if I yield to the Spirit’s leading. Is it easy? No, but it is not impossible. With God all things are possible even controlling our attitudes.

I need to keep my mind focused on God. When my mind is focused on God, I tune out the things around me to be tuned into God.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

We need to have the attitude of Jesus. Remember the “what would Jesus do” (WWJD) craze. Well, we do need to be conscious of what Jesus would do and say in certain situations. We need to keep our attitude in check.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Philippians 2:5

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching? ~Dennis and Wendy Mannering

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill

I want to have an attitude like Caleb’s. How about you?

Have a great day.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment