Thursday, March 11, 2010

An Overcoming Christian part 3

Numbers 14:1-2 And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night. [2] And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron: and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness!

The third letter in Caleb’s name is L.

Loneliness

Caleb may have been lonely in his decision. Caleb and Joshua were the only 2 who stood for right. Two out of twelve is 16%, which means that 84% of the spies were on the other side. This also means 84% had a bigger influence on the people.

Imagine, all the congregation lifted up their voice and cried. It was not a small group but all the people except Moses, Aaron, Joshua and Caleb. Four against the whole congregation is not good odds, the percentage is even smaller than 16%. Talk about loneliness.

I do not think Caleb thought about pleasing the people. His goal was to please God. Caleb knew that with God on his side he was on the winning team.

How about you, do you get lonely in your Christian walk? Do you try to follow God’s word while others are doing “their own thing”? Are you a people pleaser instead of God pleaser?


For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

Here are some encouraging verses to help us remember that Jesus is always with us and will help us though the lonely periods of our life.


Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12


And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. Exoldus 33:14


…: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

When you are walking with Jesus you are never alone.

Have a great day.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment