Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. 10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. Jude 8-11
Jude’s discourse continues. He gives the characteristics of false teachers:
- Filthy dreamers who defile the flesh – self pleasers
- Despise dominion and speak evil of dignities – speaking against authority
- Speak evil of things they don’t know about – empty speaking
- Corrupt themselves – fulfilling their own lusts
- Gone the way of Cain – envy
- Error of Balaam – covetousness
We need to learn from this example. There are so many warnings in the Bible. We should heed and obey them.
As you walk your daily path today, keep your eyes and ears open. Be attentive to what is going on around you, keep alert and watchful being mindful of the evil around you. Ask the Lord to help you make godly choices.
Have a blessed day,