Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary

I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, - Philemon 1:4

Today is our 39th wedding anniversary. Thirty nine years is a long time. There have been good times and bad times, which is true in most relationships. I do not dwell on the bad times, and to be perfectly honest there really were not that many. (The first thing that goes in old age is your memory –that may be a good thing – I’m only kidding).

The Lord blessed us with three amazing children. They are grown and two of them have children of their own. We tried to bring up our children in the “nurture and admonition of the Lord”. We made many mistakes along the way, but the Lord is kind, patient and longsuffering. Our daughter, Sandra, is a mother of two wonderful sons. Our son, Mark, has two adorable daughters. I stand in awe as I watch them with their children. Our youngest, Rob, does not have any children but is a great uncle to his nieces and nephews.

We did not know the Lord when we married. Through many different people and situations He drew us to Himself. My husband, Mark, accepted the Lord before I did. A whole year went by before I accepted the sacrifice of the Lord.

Marriage is not a 50/50 proposition but 100/100. Each partner in the relationship needs to give 100% of himself. This is often a challenging task. I will be the first to admit that I have been selfish a time or two. Marriage is a time of learning from and leaning on each other.

A good marriage takes hard work, and I do mean hard work. There are a lot of compromises along the way. When I look back over the years I wonder where we would be if we did not get saved. As soon as the thought crosses my mind I thank the Lord that He did save us. He has been our rock and anchor through the years. In minor and major trials and tribulations God has been with us each step of the way.

I am blessed to be married to my husband, Mark. He is a great supporter and encourager. I love you, Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment