Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving memories

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: … Proverbs 17:22

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I know, I have said it a million times. I love to be with extended family. We always have a good time “catching up”. This year we had 25 at my sister-in-law’s home. I am thankful that she so willingly opens her home each year. Everyone “chips” in with cooking and baking to supplement the meal.

Three tables were set to accommodate everyone, the “old folks” table, of which I am a part of, the “kids” table, age 10 and under and the “other kid” table, the parents of the under 10 group. The “other kid” table was happy they were promoted to a table of their own this year.

My sister-in-law’s 82 year old mother-in-law makes all the pies. She is an awesome baker we all look forward to her pastries. This year my granddaughters and I made pilgrim hat cookies, which were a big hit with the under 10 group.

After the meal and desserts we all sat around talking. Amazing as it seems there were four different generations laughing and joking and just having a good time. As the evening ended, we all hugged and kissed then traveled to our homes. I thank God for another year of Thanksgiving memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment