Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In the wilderness

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. But those that seek my soul, to destroy it , shall go into the lower parts of the earth. They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes. But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.
Psalm 63

At one time or another we all walk in the wilderness of life. Each one of us has a different perception of the wilderness. It may be a time of sickness or death in a family. It could be the loss of a job. A loss of a long time friendship may cause a wilderness in your life. What did King David do when he was in the wilderness? Did he feel sorry for himself? Did he give up? No

In the early start of the day, he sought God. When it is still quiet and peaceful, the time when you and God are alone. The time when you can speak to God from your heart, times like this are similar to a refreshing glass of cold water on a hot summer day.

In the wilderness we recognize how great God is. We ought to praise Him with our whole being. We need to lift our hands in complete surrender to Him and Him alone.

Early in the morning should not be the only time we seek God. When we are alone at night and before drifting off to a peaceful sleep, the last thought should be on God. We need to realize that He is with us each step of the way. Through our wilderness journey, through our tough times, through our quiet times, through our stressful times, each and every step of the way God is with us.

God will comfort us like a mother hen comforts her little ones. He will spread out “His wings” and completely cover us and protect us from the enemy.

Draw near to Him today and be covered and protected under His wings.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment