Sunday, July 31, 2011

July comes to an end

It has been a while since my last blog; July is always a busy month for me, with VBS as well as my job obligations. THANK YOU to everyone who helped with VBS. I have a great group of volunteers who are ready to help, no matter what task needs to be done. Fun was had by all, one little boy cried because it ended.

During the busyness of the month I made myself sit down and have my “quiet time with God”. Last week in the midst of the busyness I did not sit to read and pray and spend the quality time I need to spend to survive. All of a sudden the thought came to me “why are you having VBS?” My answer was "to teach children, most who are unchurched, about the Savior.” Oh, I get it Lord; I need to spend time with You even when I’m busy, especially when I’m busy.

I can’t let my guard down; I need to be in the Word. I need to spend one on one time with my Lord. The only way to be close to Someone is to spend time with Him.

How about you? Have you been so busy this summer that your quiet time has gone by the wayside? Every once in a while we need to reevaluate our priorities. Make sure you are not being drawn away from your time with the Lord, even to do ministry/church work.

Set time aside:
To seek Him
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; Psalm 63:1

To pray
Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Rom 12:12

Read the Bible
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Study
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

As I was writing I thought about this old hymn. We certainly do need the Lord, not just when things are going wrong but also when everything is alright.




I Need Thee Every Hour – Annie Hawks


I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

Refrain:
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their pow’r when Thou art nigh.

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.

I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.

I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.


Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment