Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I have a great life!

I work at a yacht club, lots of crazy busyness in the summer months, not so busy from Labor Day on. As a matter of fact it slows down to a manageable pace. We can actually get work done in a timely matter, not so in the summer. One will start a task and get “sidetracked” all day by questions, other jobs that need to be done “yesterday” and so forth and so on. Some days I leave at the end of the day exhausted and think, “I got none of my work done” but I did accomplish lots of other odd jobs that needed to be finished.

We have a junior sailing program, where sailing is taught to children from 5 to 18. The sailing instructor staff is made up of high school (junior instructors) and college (senior instructors and sailing coaches) students, who know the craft of sailing. We hire instructors from all over the country who have been brought up in the sailing world. Most of our instructors have been sailing since young ages, participating in regattas (sailing races); it is in “their blood.”

One of the instructors, returning for her third year, is a young woman from the Midwest. She has a jubilant, exhilarating spirit, always happy and upbeat. The students as well as the parents adore her. She will stop by my office every few days just to say “hi” and tell me a story about a regatta she just attended with her students. I look forward to seeing her smiling face.

The other day she stopped by and was chatting about her day off. She had worked almost 3 weeks without a day off and never complained about it. The next day she was going to the Red Sox game with some friends. Remember this is Red Sox nation, everyone in New England loves the Sox (well almost everyone). She was so excited she was bursting inside, going to a Red Sox game was one of her “must do things” while in New England.

When I got a chance to get a word in, I said, “You have a pretty exciting life”. Her reply was, “I have a great life! I am so blessed.”

What a wonderful statement, as Christians do we see our life as a “great life”. I reveled in this statement for the next few days. I have a great life, my reasons are a little different than my friend, the sailing instructor, but a great life it is.

Here are just a few of my reasons:

God has made each and every day for me to enjoy.
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

God has provided me with many benefits the most important is His salvation.
Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. Psalm 68:19

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippines 4:19

The Lord has blessed me with three wonderful children, and four amazing grandchildren.
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalm 127:3

God is always with me.
…for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb 13:5

God loves me.
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10

We love him, because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

I serve a great and marvelous God.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Psalm 100:2

Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth; 1 Chronicles 16:12

I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. Psalm 9:1

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment