Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Acknowledging God

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
It is hard to trust especially when we cannot see the Person who is asking for our complete trust. He is asking us to trust Him with all our heart, not part of it; not some of it; but all of our whole entire being.

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7

In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. Psalm 56:11

But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works. Psalm 73:28

Lean not to your own understanding
We need to lean on God, and not rely on our own understanding. He is the Great I Am, the Creator of the universe. His ways are perfect.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. Isaiah 55:8

Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD. Lamentations 3:40

Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the LORD your God … Jeremiah 26:13

In all thy ways acknowledge him
Do we acknowledge God in all our ways? Are our thoughts on Him when we are doing things? Do we pray and ask for guidance before we do things?

Lately, it seems like Christians just do, then think (or maybe don’t think) about the consequences. I have heard the saying “it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.” This is not the way we need to live our Christian life. The Lord needs to be in control of our life.

We are all accountable to someone. The way we live our life does matter.

Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. Proverbs 16:3

O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! Psalm 119:5

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. Psalm 10:4

He shall direct our paths
When will we realize why we were put on this earth? It is not to glorify ourselves but to glorify God. It is about Him not about us. That is certainly a hard pill to swallow, but when we put Him in the center of our lives, we realize our divine purpose.

We need to be willing to follow. Do we take direction from our Heavenly Commander?

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalm 23:3

Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Psalm 25:4

I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. Psalm 86:12

I have been praying these verses, asking the Lord to help me to trust, lean and acknowledge Him and He will show me the right path.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment