Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane preparations

Everyone is rushing around getting prepared for the hurricane. Our yard is picked up and ready for the wind. All “missiles” have been put away. A missile is anything that the wind can pick up and fling through the air. Candles, flashlights, lanterns, and camping cook stoves are all taken out from storage places and put where they are easily assessable.

Non-perishable food and easy to prepare food is at the ready. Water is a valuable resource during a storm; most homes have plenty of bottled water. As we are preparing for this hurricane I think of how many people will prepare for today but forgot about preparing for the future.

As I was getting ready I thought of all the things Jesus is to me.

Light of the world
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12

Living water
Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. John 4:10

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14

Food for my soul
For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. John 6:33 -35

Shelter in the time of storm
For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. Psalm 61:3

As you “button down all the hatches” in your homes, remember Jesus is a shelter in the time of storm, rest in Him.

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him . . . Psalm 37:7

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Matthew 11:29

Have a blessed & safe day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment