Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A time to reflect

November first, where did the time go? It seems like yesterday was the first of July. Time certainly does not stand still for anyone. This year has been a little trying; my husband had back surgery, was in rehab, returned to work, hurt his back again and now is back out of work. Through all this he has had a positive attitude. I have so much to be thankful for, not just today but every day.

Today’s five:

1. Missionaries – We had a missionary from Middle East African Partnership (MAP) visit with us on Sunday. Thanking God for sending people to work and share the gospel in the Middle East.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! Romans 10:14-15

2. Tiptoes -Mark stood on his tiptoes. It may seem a little thing to you, but a great achievement to us. He has not been able to stand on his tiptoes for almost a year.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psalm 139:14

3. Walking - Praising God that Mark is walking.

4. Venison chili – I didn’t bring lunch to work yesterday. When I got there a co-worker had made a big pot of chili to share.

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Psalm 103:2

5. Job – I have a job and am extremely thankful.

Take a minute from your busy life to meditate on what God has done for you today.

I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. Psalm 77:12
Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment