Saturday, December 31, 2011

The end of a year

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Psalm 103:2

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. Hebrews 13:15

Today is the last day of 2011. Where did the year go? This year was challenging, to say the least, for my husband and I. We have so much to be thankful for, thanking God for each and every step of the way.


Top 10 blessings of 2011

1. Being saved and knowing Jesus, I don’t even want to think of a year without Him

2. Mark can walk. It has been a hard year for him. There were a lot of setbacks with his back and legs. He walks with a cane because his legs are still numb. Praise God he can walk.

3. My job. In this economy anyone who is working needs to be thankful. I am thankful to have a job especially with Mark not working. My boss has been very supportive during the entire year, with me taking time off or coming in late or leaving early.

4. A home to live in.

5. My children, Sandi, Mark and Rob. I am so thankful for each of them and their unique personalities.

My daughter is a wonderful testimony and help to all around her. She is willing to help wherever needed in whatever situation. She is a great mother with two awesome sons.

It has been a hard year for Mark Jr. and his back, constantly working even though in pain. He has built his business during this economic decline. He is the father of two amazing daughters who adore him.

Rob, my silent warrior, has had some hard times this year, even though he does not say much.

Thank you Lord for each of them and richly blessing us.

6. My grandchildren, Grant, Cassidy, Sydney and Gabe. What a tremendous blessing and joy each of them bring to my life.

7. Living in a free country. I don’t know how much longer it will be free but thankful that I live in the US..

8. God’s precious word and quiet time each morning with Him.

9. Ladies Bible study, good discussions around the word of God.

10. Bible studies at the assisted livings. Thank your Lord for allowing us the privilege of knowing these precious people.

This is a very short list of my many, many, many blessings. As you reflect on 2011 count your blessings, name them one by one.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment