Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goals 2012

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

As I sit and reflect on the past year I remember many things, some are positive and some are negative. As I wrote I thought, negative to whom? The Bible says, “All things work together for good to them that love God …” Romans 8:28

I usually set spiritual goals for myself each year, reviewing periodically to “stay on track”. One of the meanings for the word goal is “the end toward which effort is directed: aim “. My aim is to draw closer to the Lord to “know him and the power of his might” Ephesians 6:10

Today I reviewed the goals I set last January. I kept or surpassed most of the goals. There was one that I didn’t even do, which I will again put on my list. I was encouraged by what I did accomplish.

Do you want to grow closer to the Lord this year? Set some goals. Do not start with big goals but with little goals.

Suggestions:

1. Keep a prayer/praise journal. What can you write? Write prayers to the Lord. Write down answers to prayers. Write down praises, thanksgivings and gratitude to God.

… I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. Psalm 9:1

2. Memorize verses that will help with a problem in your life i.e. gossip, anger, selfishness etc.

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalm 119:11

3. Read the Bible daily.

I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word. Psalm 119:16

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Proverbs 30:5

4. Pick up a daily devotional or sign up for an email devotional.

5. Be an encourager in your corner of the world. Send cards, emails or make phone calls to those hurting or those who need to be encouraged by a kind word or deed.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10

6. Read nonfiction Christian books i.e. spiritual growth, biographies.

Everyone is in a different spiritual place in life. Don’t look at what others are doing, ask the Lord to show you what He wants you to do.

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. II Corinthians 10:12

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2Peter 3:18

As you set goals for 2012, do not look back on what you did not do, look forward to what you will do, with the Lord’s help.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment