Monday, June 11, 2012

Lessons from a trip – Lost and found


Did you ever lose something and look and look but could not find it? When you think it is gone you usually stop looking. We were gone on vacation for ten days. I stopped delivery of the mail and newspaper. We let the neighbors know we would be gone and asked them to keep an eye on the house. I made arrangements for my son to come over and feed the cat.

Everything was set. We left early Friday morning packing the car the night before. We doubled checked everything and were starting out the door when my husband asked if I saw Mimi. I did not see her that morning, which is not unusual because she will “hid” for hours and sometimes for a whole day. We set off for our vacation.

Two days later my son texted me to let me know he had been at the house but did not see the cat. Again I was not overly concerned because she will hide when someone comes over to the house. He stopped by again in a few days and noticed that food and water were not touched. He looked everywhere but could not find Mimi. Oh did I mention that Mimi is a house cat and does not go outside.

When we arrived home my husband looked inside and out, calling “Mimi” but still no cat. We resigned ourselves that she was gone. We went to bed after a long two days of driving. As we prayed together my husband prayed for Mimi, that we would find her. I was surprised and comforted by the prayer.

The next morning I got up and sat in my favorite chair to have quiet time. I was reading and happened to look up through my glass door. A cat was walking down my driveway and it didn’t look like one of the neighbor cats but it looked a lot like Mimi. As I opened the door the cat ran under my porch. I put slippers on and went to look under the porch. As I walked I called “Mimi” and heard a familiar meow. After a few minutes of coaxing she came to me. I could not believe my eyes. She was thin but otherwise looked healthy. I carried her inside, put her down and she ran to her food. After a ten day adventure Mimi the cat was home safe and sound.

This was a gentle reminder that God answers prayer. No matter how small or large the problem God knows. The answer may not always be the one we want but it is always the right one.

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1Peter 5:7 

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippines 4:6 -7

Is there a “small” problem in your life? Pray, God is there. Is there a “LARGE” problem in your life? Pray, God is there. No matter what the situation God know and cares. We need to reach out as He is reaching out to us.

Pray without ceasing. 1Thessalonians 5:17 

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment