Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Watch what you say


2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few. 3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words. Ecclesiastes 5:2-3

I have always had a problem with “running my mouth”. I usually speak then think which doesn’t work out for me. The saying “think before you speak” is loaded with wisdom.

When we think before we speak, we usually don’t say what we are thinking. When we think before we speak, we spare someone’s feelings. When we think before we speak we are showing much wisdom.

Like I said in the beginning I have a problem with “running my mouth.” Through the years I memorized scripture but usually it was because someone said it was a good verse to memorize. Last year I started to memorize verses that would help me with my mouth/tongue. Ecclesiastes 5:2 was one of the verses I “hid in my heart”. Each verse I memorized helped me get better control of my tongue.

Are you having problems controlling your tongue? Pray and ask the Lord to give you verses to commit to memory to “hid in your heart so you will not sin against God.”

Never rise to speak till you have something to say; and when you have said it, cease. ~ John Witherspoon

We seldom repent of speaking little, very often of speaking too much; a vulgar and trite maxim, which all the world knows, but which all the world does not practice. ~ Jean de la Bruyere

Think all you speak, but speak not all you think – Thoughts are your own:  your words are so no more. ~ Patrick Delany

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment