Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Showing Kindness


1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. 2 Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth. 3 If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be. 4 He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap. Ecclesiastes 11:1-4

When you do for others it will increase. The main reason we do for others is not so we will see the increase here on earth but we are laying up treasures in heaven. We need to help and give wherever we see the need. We need to have discernment in our giving and do everything with prayer.

Do good while there is time to do it – don’t procrastinate. When you know there is something God wants you to do – DO IT.  If you wait for the “right time” to do something it will never come. We need to do it when the need arises.

I have done many things for others with the Lord’s leading but there have also been many times I felt the Lord nudging me and I just ignored it. Only to find out later that it was a direct leading from the Lord.

The Lord wants us to show kindness to all around us. Is it easy, absolutely not, but it is doable if we are willing to do things God’s way.

As you put on your clothes in the morning, pray and ask the Lord to “Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;” Colossians 3:12

Maybe you say, I never see people in need, they are just not where I go. This may be very true but can you help “needy” people in your neighborhood or family? Can you ask God to bring someone in your path that may need a kind word and a cup of coffee?

Solomon says in verse 4 if the farmer just waits around watching the wind he’ll never plant. So will it be for us if we just wait for an opportunity to do something it will never happen. We need to get out there and “plant” kindness to all those around us.

In Matthew 25:34-40 Jesus said these words: 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. 

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment