Monday, February 25, 2013

Talking birds


Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter. Ecclesiastes 10:20

The first time I read this verse, I thought, “Oh, this is where the saying “A little birdie told me” came from. What exactly is Solomon saying? Use discretion; be careful of what you say and don’t be talking about others.

Time and time again, people have been “hung by their own words” when someone repeated what they said. Oh, when will we learn?

How many “kiss and tell” stories are on the market? Too many to name, unfortunately people love to carry tales, whether true or something they heard repeated.

Description of the wrong way to use words:
The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly. Proverbs 18:8 

And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. Colossians 2:4 

For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak. Psalms 59:12 

Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue. Psalms 52:4 

Description of the right way to use words:
He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. Proverbs 17:27 

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalms 19:14 

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 

Description of God’s words:
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalms 12:6 

How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalms 119:103 

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalms 119:130 

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. Mark 13:31 

Let’s watch our speech and the words we say, then we will not hear, “a little birdie told me”.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment