And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus ofttimes resorted thither with his disciples. John 18:2
Have you ever had a verse “jump out” at you? I have read this verse many times but this time it “jumped out”. I saw things I never noticed before.
Here is what I discovered:
· Judas knew Jesus.
· He knew what He did.
· He knew where Jesus went.
· Judas knew the “favorite place” of rest.
The results of the discoveries:
· Judas violated his trust.
· Judas revealed confidences.
· Judas dishonored his friendship.
· Don’t be a betrayer
· Be true to Jesus first and then others
· Be trust worthy