Saturday, April 19, 2014

Meaningful Songs



The Bible is silent about the day before Jesus rose from the grave, but a couple of songwriters have put their thoughts on paper summing up exactly what Jesus did for you and me.


I Should Have Been Crucified
Gordon Jensen

I was guilty with nothing to say,
And they were coming to take me away.
But then a voice from heaven was heard, which said,
“Turn him loose, and take me instead!”

Chorus:
And I should have been crucified,
I should have suffered and died.
I should have hung on the cross in disgrace,
But Jesus, God’s Son, took my place.

Crown of thorns, the spear in His side,
And all the pain should have been mine.
Those rusty nails were meant for me,
But Jesus took them, and let me go free!


Jesus Paid It All
Elvina Hall
I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.”

Refrain:
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim;
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv’ry’s Lamb.
And now complete in Him,
My robe, His righteousness,
Close sheltered ’neath His side,
I am divinely blest.

Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow’r, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper’s spots
And melt the heart of stone.

When from my dying bed
My ransomed soul shall rise,
“Jesus died my soul to save,”
Shall rend the vaulted skies.

And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete,
I’ll lay my trophies down,
All down at Jesus’ feet.


Have you walked the Romans Road?

The Romans Road is a group of Bible verses that show the way of salvation in Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
The Bible says no one is innocent.

Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
We all have sin in our hearts. We all were born with sin.  We were born under the power of sin's control.
- Admit that you are a sinner.

Romans 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
We all have original sin from Adam, the first man.

Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; …
Sin has an ending.  It results in death.  We all face physical death, which is a result of sin.  But a worse death is spiritual death that alienates us from God, and will last for all eternity.
- Understand that you deserve death for your sin.

Romans 6:23  … but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Praise God that verse 23 doesn’t end with death. The verse continues BUT (God gives us a choice)
Salvation is a free gift from God to you!  You can't earn this gift, but you must reach out and receive it.
- Ask God to forgive you and save you.

Luke 13:3  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Repent means to think differently. We need to think differently about our sin and turn from it.

Romans 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Jesus died for our sin, your sin and mine . He paid the price for all sin, when He took all the sins of the world on Himself on the cross.

Romans 10:9 -10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [10]  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

 Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- If you know that God is knocking on your heart's door, ask Him to come into your heart.

Pray and ask Jesus to forgive you of your sin and come into your life and save you. Repent and turn to Him.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment