Monday, May 3, 2010

Highway of life

The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul. Proverbs 16:17

Word study from Hebrew:

Highway - a thoroughfare (as turnpiked), literally or figuratively;
Upright - straight (literally or figuratively)
Depart- A primitive root; to turn off (literally or figuratively):

Reviewing some of my notes I stumbled on this verse. Really did not stumble but the Lord brought it to my attention. I am always running around, doing this and that. There are never enough hours in the day. No matter what I’m doing I need to keep my mind focused on the road ahead.

We are traveling the highway of life. What happens in our life depends on which highway we take. There are two choices the highway of eternal life or the highway of destruction. We need to check our spiritual destination.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment