Friday, January 14, 2011

Blessings

Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. Psalm 28:6

A few weeks ago, my husband injured his back. He has not been able to do much. He is in pain when he sits, lies down and walks, another words he is in pain all the time. To pass the time he has been reading, working on puzzles and looking at stamps.

Mark loves to research and look at stamps. His leisure time usually is limited with working and pastoring. It has been a few years since he has looked at his “stamp collection”. He buys stamps at flea markets and yard sales.

As he was going through a box of stamps, he purchased a while ago, he came across a newspaper clipping. It looks very old and is yellowed from years of neglect. God speaks to us through many ways. He encourages us with little things, sometime a newspaper clipping.

The Blessing of Unanswered Prayers

I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I had asked for,
but everything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

--- Unknown Confederate soldier

Our prayers are always answered, but not always the way we would like. Thank you Lord, for the blessing of your perfect will in all our prayers.

Have a blessed day,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment